- produce qualified professionals in the area of land management through providing quality and relevant education, and engaging students in co-curricular activities;
- carry out problem solving research through the active involvement of stakeholders; and
- design and provide community and consultancy services that shall cater to the developmental needs of the country through active involvement of community and stakeholders;
- enhance technical advice and/or involvement in national/regional/international land administration policies
- become a center of excellence in Land administration education, research and community service.
- The Institute of Land Administration, Debre Markos University strives to be one of the top LAI in Africa by 2025.