Congratulations the First Batch ILA Graduates!

  • -

Congratulations the First Batch ILA Graduates!

The institute of Land Administration at Debre Markos University is established in 2016 by the consortium effort of four universities. These are Debre Markos University (DMU); University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU); Technical University of Vienna (TUW) and Bahir Dar University (BDU). The institute has started its academic duties by admitting 50 students for the first time since October 2016. The institute has tried to capitalize gender issue by admitting more female students (about 72%). The first batch was expected to graduate in July 2020 but due to Covid-19 pandemic, the education was interrupted for months. The university called all the graduating classes at the beginning of December 2020 to continue the interrupted education. Completing their interrupted classes, the students graduated on January 23, 2021.

In this graduation, 30 regular students have been graduated in land administration and surveying. Out of these, about 67% are females and the remaining 33% are males. The unreserved effort of the partner institutions with the financial support of APPEAR (Austrian Partnership Program in Higher Education and Research for Development) enabled the graduates to arrive to this date of success. Thus, the success of the program was unthinkable without invaluable contribution of the partner institutions and the funding agency, APPEAR.  The institute of land administration is thankful to BOKU and TUW with a special gratitude to APPEAR for all what they did in establishing and laying the foundation to the properly functioning of the land administration program.      

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events.