How to Apply

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

(2 original copies: one submit with your application form, one for yourself)

Letter of Sponsorship for Graduate Studies

 On behalf of the —————————————————— the organization of which I am a head, I am committing the said organization to grant a financial support or employment to ——————————————– in the course of his/her postgraduate training in ———————————————-. The financial support or employment, which is intended to cover the tuition fee of the graduate student, will be maintained until the termination of the programme of study. Moreover, I express the organization’s agreement to refrain from obligating the graduate student to undertake extra work assignments which may jeopardize his/her progaramme of study.

I am cognizant of the fact that the concrete realities of the country dictate that education in general, and postgraduate studies in particular, must be geared towards the solution of specific problems affecting the society. I am, therefore, aware that this specific training my organization is sponsoring must be geared towards fulfilling a definite national purpose. Accordingly, through my signature affixed below, I am committing my organization to maintain an appropriate position of employment for the student after the completion of his/her postgraduate studies.


Date:  —————————       Signature: ____________ Office seal: ___________________

Name: ———————————

Position: ——————————

Telephone: ——————————-

Fax: ———————————–

P.O.Box: ————————

E-mail: ———————————-

                           NB: Full address of the sponsoring organization is mandatory.


  1. For Regular Students

Placements/applications to all regular undergraduate programs are processed through the Ministry of Education. The university then conducts admission and enrollment to the different programs based on results of the Ethiopian Higher Education Entrance Certificate Examination (EHEECE), the choice of the student and the capacity of Departments/Schools/Centers.

B. For Extension Students

Students can apply to the extension program provided that they have an EHEECE result above the passing mark for entrance to higher education, which is decided by the Ministry of Education each year. Furthermore, acceptance to the program depends on the availability of space in the department of interest. Admissions to all Continuing Education Programs are determined by the Admissions and Enrolment Committee (AEC) of the University Senate, which uses the same or similar criteria as used in the regular program.

C. For Summer Student

Self-sponsored undergraduate summer students can apply to the university provided that they have to fulfill all the necessary requirements such as the applicant must have completed the academic requirements for the Diploma Certificate in specific/related field(s) of study at the College or any other recognized institution of higher learning as recommended in the respective curriculum. For government-sponsored the only way in which a student may gain admission to any kremt undergraduate program is through the Ministry of Education (MoE). The possibility is generally open for teachers employed by the MoE and eligible to upgrade their qualifications.

DMU Radio Broadcasting . . .